I pulled this recipe from my FIXATE cookbook, and switched up a few small things. We all love this easy & quick recipe, so much, that I make it at least a few times a month now? Don’t think we’ll ever get tired of it!
CHICKEN SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, or cook your own boneless & skinless chicken breast to shred (we used Simple Truth rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup chopped green apple
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped or diced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced raw almonds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon (we use 1/2-1 tbsp of dried tarragon)
- 1/4 cup Honey Mustard Salad Dressing (see recipe below)
- Shredded or chopped romain lettuce (or any other type of leafy green), optional
CHICKEN SALAD DIRECTIONS
- Combine chicken, apple, grapes, celery, almonds, green onions, tarragon, and Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in a large bowl; mix well. If deseired, serve over your choice of leafy green.
HONEY MUSTARD INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
- 1/2 cup plain 0% or 2% Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste; optional
Combine yogurt, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well. Slowly add oil, whisking constantly until well blended; season with salt (if desired).
This recipe makes 4 servings. 1 serving = 1 1/4 cups of chicken salad. Counts as .5 purple (fruit), .25 green (veggie), 1 red (protein), .5 blue (healthy fat), and .5 seed/oils. Add 2 cups of leafy greens, and add on 2 green (veggies).