Seriously, you must make these… right now! 🙂 My family, and I loved these, and we can wait to make them again!
Got the recipe from HERE, and I’ll post it + how we cooked our chicken below for you all as well!
COOKED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 (about 1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup water or low-sodium veggie or chicken broth (we used veggie broth)
In a large 12-inch+ nonstick skillet with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot and bubbling. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken top-side down in the hot skillet and let the chicken cook for 5 minutes until golden brown on top. Flip the chicken, add the water or broth, cover the skillet and let the chicken simmer gently over medium heat for 7-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through (160 degrees). Don’t overcook or it might dry it out. While the chicken is simmering, add additional water 1/4 cup at a time if the liquid evaporates too quickly. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Let it cool slightly before shredding.
- 4 bell peppers, any color you like
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 green onions, both green and white parts, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the green onion and garlic, and fry for 2 minutes. Than, add the shredded chicken and chili powder. Toss until all ingredients are well coated with chili powder and chicken is warm. Remove from heat and add the salsa, sliced olives, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut the bell peppers into 2-inch pieces, and remove seeds. Press each piece open so the peppers are as flat as possible. Arrange close together in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly over pepper halves.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake nachos for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Then remove from oven and top with chopped cilantro. (We didn’t end up topping with cilantro.)